Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign in to use this application on this computer

I am on my family's 2012 21.5" iMac (Intel i5, 8GB RAM, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5), and I just started getting these messages yesterday when I opened some applications. We do have apps on our computer from different Apple ID's, but I've been able to use all of them without any problems no matter who was currently signed in, until today. I literally have to log out of one account and into another just to play one of my games, and then I have to sign out and log back in to the other Apple ID if my other family members want to use their applications. It is so annoying, and I only came across this today. I tried clearing caches, rebooting the computer, verifying and repairing the disk and disk permissions, all to no avail. I don't want to delete and reinstall my applications, but if I do have to, could I drag the folders out of the application, reinstall it, and replace the new folders with the ones I already have to restore my app data?? Or worse, would I have to wipe and restore our computer (which contains almost 400 GB of data at the moment)??

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 4:17 PM

4 replies

Nov 23, 2015 4:05 AM in response to matthewfrommb

I just started getting this with one app - Screenflow.

I enter my iTunes password and the app starts up fine, which is odd. This didn't used to be necessary.

I wonder if we have the same problem, but I am puzzled by the signing out/signing in comment. Is that signing out of OSX or iTunes?

Are you finding the app still wont start if you enter the iTunes credentials?

Sign in to use this application on this computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.