Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I worked on a word document today, saved it and closed it. When I went back later that day to complete it, I couldn't find it anywhere. Finder even said that I have worked on nothing that day. Is there a way to get all that work back???

I worked on a word document today, saved it and closed it. When I went back later that day to complete it, I couldn't find it anywhere. Finder even said that I have worked on nothing that day. Is there a way to get all that work back???

MacBook Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 6:43 PM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2015 6:51 PM in response to aseewald

If you know what you named the file then try using a Spotlight search to find it by name regardless of where it was saved on your Mac.

Is it possible that you were not working in your local copy of Word but instead Word Online (part of Office 365), or some other locally installed word processor like TextEdit? Or, did you possibly save it to a flash drive or network share instead?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.