Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro keeps rebooting

Hello,

I'm hopping someone has seen this issue before and give suggestions in how to resolve it. I have the following Mac Pro and it keeps rebooting.

I was able to take a pic of the error on the screen. I'm guessing my CPU has gone bad?

User uploaded file

I was able to reinstall the OS and it seem to be stable for about 15 min before it reboots. The screenshot above was when I powered the Mac on from overnight.

Thanks for the feedback.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Serial Number>

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 8-core,16GB,6TB,ATi 5870,Quadro FX

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 5:27 PM

5 replies

Nov 24, 2015 7:57 AM in response to lllaass

I have an ATi 5870 installed. In my testing I enabled remote desktop, connected to my Mac via VNC after powering down and removing the video card and it still rebooted on me. I replaced all the ram in it and it still rebooted. I've replace all of the hard drives and it still rebooted on me. The only thing I have not replace are the logic boards and the cpus and the power supply.

Mac Pro keeps rebooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.