Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2010 Mac Pro Keeps rebooting

Hello,

I'm hopping someone has seen this issue before and give suggestions in how to resolve it. I have the following Mac Pro and it keeps rebooting.

I was able to reinstall the OS and it seem to be stable for about 15 min before it reboots. The screenshot above was when I powered the Mac on from overnight.

User uploaded file

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Serial Number>

I was able to take a pic of the error on the screen. I'm guessing my CPU has gone bad?

Thanks for the feedback.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 8-core,16GB,6TB,ATi 5870,Quadro FX

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 5:41 PM

15 replies

Dec 4, 2015 7:24 PM in response to calipvp

Hello All,

I changed the video card in my system and the problem didn't go away. I took different logic board (from a working system) along with the CPU and memory that is configured on it and added it to my system. I was able to boot up without getting the errors in the screenshot up above and was able to login to the system. After trying to install an app the system froze on me again and I just powered it off before it rebooted. The only think I can think the problem could be is the logic board the CPU Board, Video Card (PCI), Hards Drives and CD Rom connects to is the problem. I don't think it's the power supply, but I really don't know at this point.

Dec 15, 2015 10:51 PM in response to Linc Davis

I in up purchasing another system with the same specs and I took the CPU system board along with he memory from the new system and added it to the old one. I still experienced the same issues as I did with the other CPU system board. So at that point I've replace everything except for the power supply and the backplane. I then took my system to the Apple Store and they replaced the backplane and I'm happy to say I am back up and running. I'm thankful that I had a second system to do more troubleshooting myself before taking it in as they wanted to charge me to replace the CPU / System board and Memory before replacing the backplane. After I explain all of the testing I did and what I replaced they went ahead and replaced the backplane. So far so good....

2010 Mac Pro Keeps rebooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.