Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My audio sounds distorted after El Capitan

I've never had this problem before I updated. I use a Behringer C-1 condenser mic with a lexicon alpha box and phantom power, all connected via usb. Before I was able to record more smoothly, but as of recent this update has been nothing but trouble for my poor mic. Every time I connect it, it gives off either a fuzzy voice when I go mono or a static sound that irritates my ears when I go stereo. No matter how many times I have tried to get it to properly record, the results were insufferably frustrating. This didn't only apply to garageband, but also other recording softwares on my computer.

I've contacted Apple support on this but they had absolutely no clue. Anyone know?

GarageBand 10, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 6:17 PM

8 replies

Dec 29, 2015 8:42 PM in response to eamaya

Hi,

I contacted with Lexicon support and they give me following solution:

1. Open Audio Midi Setup

Path: MAC HD > Applications > Utilities > Audio Midi Setup

2. Select the Alpha as the default input and output

3. Toggle both of the format settings (returning them to the defaults of 48000 Hz and 2-ch-24bit after changing them to any other setting).

It is working for me! I use a Lexicon Alpha card with El Capitan 10.11.2

Good Luck!

Apr 16, 2016 7:57 AM in response to eamaya

I've been having similar problems connecting my Lexicon Alpha I/O device to my iMac. Opening up Garage Band and trying to record a track produced loads of static and little music.

I have just run an OSX update and also reviewed the Audio MIDI Setup and amazingly it appears to have solved the problem!

The OSX update is v10.11.4. The change I made to the MIDI setup was limited to changing the 24-bit to 16-bit in the input dropdown - see screenshot.

SUCCESS!!

User uploaded file

My audio sounds distorted after El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.