Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cinemapro1-2, Firefox (Already tried the solution given here): New Macbook

So I recently purchased the Macbook pro and some how the Cinemapro1-2 got installed when I was installing Adobe reader.

Firefox runs with extreme lag none of the buttons work.

I'm using El-Capitan.

I tried the solution to manually remove, but when I do Go to folder and type ~/Library/LibraryAgents, I get "cannot open folder" and nothing happens.

I tried going to the home folder through terminal but it was appearing empty.

I did a factory reset by going to the disk utility and reinstally O.S.X, but for some reason after reinstalltion, the cinemapro, Firefox all were preinstalled. I was assuming that reinstalling the OS would factory reset the laptop to stock condition with nothing installed on it.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 6:13 PM

6 replies

Nov 12, 2015 7:26 PM in response to siddraj2002

If you've done what you say you did, it has already been reset to factory condition. I must say, though, that if you installed malware in the first three hours, you need to be much more cautious about what you download.

Until you have more experience as a Mac user, I suggest you change a setting to allow only Apple updates and software from the App Store to be installed.

Open the Security & Privacy pane in System Preferences and select the General tab. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your password to unlock the settings. Select the button marked

Mac App Store

and close the preference pane. For information about the effects of this setting, see this support article. You may need to change the setting temporarily to install some third-party software, such as Flash Player. Be especially careful with that, as malware is often distributed in the form of a fake Flash update. Never follow a link to a Flash update on any web page. Instead use the built-in updater in the Flash Player preference pane.

The products in the App Store, while they aren't always very good, can at least be considered safe enough to use.

Nov 12, 2015 7:55 PM in response to Linc Davis

It worked this time. Its a clean reset 🙂

And yea, I've been using a macbook air for over a year, never had this sort of a thing happen to me before.

All I did was install Firefox, then Adobe reader and adobe flash. I have a hunch I overlooked the installer certificate for the adobe reader, cause it kind of asked me different questions than usual. Thanks so much for the help

Cinemapro1-2, Firefox (Already tried the solution given here): New Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.