Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD Movies

I have a new Asus Windows 10 Laptop that I just bought this fall. I bought Avengers Age of Ultron on Blu-Ray and downloaded the digital copy from the iTunes store and watched it on my laptop. Now, when I go to watch it, it says that I cannot play HD movies on my computer. My screen resolution is 1920x1080. Why won't it work?

Asus Laptop-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 10:01 PM

11 replies

Nov 14, 2015 9:27 AM in response to adamc1023

Hello adamc1023,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I would need a little more information regarding your system specifications and how you are viewing the HD content to provide a better answer. However, here are a couple troubleshooting article that you may find helpful.

iTunes for Windows: Unable to view or play HD video content that requires HDCP

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3354

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3209

Cheers

Nov 14, 2015 12:32 PM in response to adamc1023

The error message on the "for older video cards" page is only given if iTunes cannot play any video on the current hardware without the support of QuickTime. However if it is only some (perhaps higher resolution?) videos that cannot be decoded unless QuickTime is present it won't report an error. The all 64-bit version of iTunes doesn't integrate with QuickTime. Try the 64-bit installer for 32-bit code that does. If it doesn't work you can revert to the main release and wait for Apple to try to fix the problem.

See Re: Automatically add to iTunes not working after update for what is, I think, the same problem, but addressed in different terms.

tt2

Nov 14, 2015 7:19 PM in response to turingtest2

It does not say - but I would assume that they are 1080p. When i look at the information on the file it does not have any information on the video quality. Again, this is only occurring on movies that i downloaded the digital copy of having purchased the blu-ray elsewhere. The movies i have purchased on iTunes tell me the quality, but the ones that i downloaded the digital hd copy of do not.

Nov 16, 2015 1:53 PM in response to turingtest2

This is everything under the File tab. I attempted to download it from the iCloud and it said that it did, but the location remains "iCloud".

size: 4.75 GB

kind: protected MPEG-4 Video File

purchased date: 10/8/2015

date modified: 10/8/2015

date added: 10/8/2015

copyright: 2015 Marvel

FBI ANTI-PIRACY WARNING: UNAUTHORIZED COPYING IS PUNISHABLE UNDER FEDERAL LAW.

HD Movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.