Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export to iTunes doesn't show in Music

Hi,

I'm exporting a track from GarageBand to "iTunes Sharing" in iOS 9.1 iPad 2

After exporting, I checked Music - not there.

So - I tried synching with the computer - not in iTunes either.

I eventually emailed it to myself, opened in iTunes then synched it back.

This seems lengthy, counter-intuitive and not the small numbness of steps Mr Jobs would have opted for.

What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance for wisdom

David

on the iMac - everything is up to date - latest Yosemite, not El Capitan.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 10:51 AM

Hello David,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you're wondering how to export your GarageBand for iOS song to iTunes. For directions on how to send your song to iTunes, please follow the steps below.

Send a GarageBand song to iTunes

1. Tap My Songs, then tap Select.

2. Tap the song you want to send, then tap the Share button User uploaded file.

3. Tap iTunes.

4. Do one of the following:

• To send the song as a GarageBand song, tap GarageBand.

• To send the song as an audio file, tap iTunes, then tap Share.

After you tap the iTunes icon, you can choose the quality of the file GarageBand sends to iTunes. You can also add artist, composer, and title information that appears in iTunes.

5. Sync your iPad with your computer.

In iTunes, the exported song appears in the Documents list in the File Sharing area when GarageBand is selected.

6. Do one of the following:

• Drag the song from the GarageBand Documents list to the Finder.

• Click Save As, navigate to the location where you want to save the song, then click Save.

You can open the GarageBand song in GarageBand on your Mac, or play the audio file in iTunes (or any compatible audio app) on your computer. GarageBand songs cannot be opened on a Windows computer.

Share GarageBand songs

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2015 10:51 AM in response to David Goodall

Hello David,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you're wondering how to export your GarageBand for iOS song to iTunes. For directions on how to send your song to iTunes, please follow the steps below.

Send a GarageBand song to iTunes

1. Tap My Songs, then tap Select.

2. Tap the song you want to send, then tap the Share button User uploaded file.

3. Tap iTunes.

4. Do one of the following:

• To send the song as a GarageBand song, tap GarageBand.

• To send the song as an audio file, tap iTunes, then tap Share.

After you tap the iTunes icon, you can choose the quality of the file GarageBand sends to iTunes. You can also add artist, composer, and title information that appears in iTunes.

5. Sync your iPad with your computer.

In iTunes, the exported song appears in the Documents list in the File Sharing area when GarageBand is selected.

6. Do one of the following:

• Drag the song from the GarageBand Documents list to the Finder.

• Click Save As, navigate to the location where you want to save the song, then click Save.

You can open the GarageBand song in GarageBand on your Mac, or play the audio file in iTunes (or any compatible audio app) on your computer. GarageBand songs cannot be opened on a Windows computer.

Share GarageBand songs

Cheers.

Export to iTunes doesn't show in Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.