Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text with links is invisible after publishing.

The text or objects with links on them are invisible after publishing. The links work. When I hover over them the arrow turns to a hand I click and I go to the correct page or file. But the text or object is invisible. I turned off one of the links, republished and it was visible.

I'm using iWeb 3.0.4 on a Macbook Pro 2015 running OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 And I don't think my method of publishing is relevant but I publish to a local folder and then put the "index" file and "site" folder into Cyberduck.

This is the first time I've revised my website since upgrading my computer earlier this year and the changes I made were on the information not on the links. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 9:22 PM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2015 12:49 AM in response to sammay

Okay - if you look around the forum there are lots of posts on this very topic, but most were from folks who were publishing directly from the iWeb built in ftp.

The solution was to publish to your desktop from iWeb and then upload using Cyberduck.

You could try deleting everything from your server and then uploading your whole site again.

Other than this, there is not a lot to suggest, as it would appear to be a general problem between iWeb and El Capitan and will definitely not be fixed from an iWeb perspective and will only get worse with future updates.

Time to move on?

Text with links is invisible after publishing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.