Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Remote always charging

Hi all,

Hopefully I'm not the only one but....

My Siri remote on ATV 4 always says its charging in Bluetooth settings but it isn't plugged in. I have tried plugging it in and as expected says its charging, but when the remote is disconnected from the charger ATV still thinks its charging. Although this doesn't cause massive problems as such, I am unable to see roughly how much juice is left in the remote.

Anyone have any ideas?

Apple TV (4th generation), tvOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:59 AM

i fixed the issue now. I had it plugged in on the bluetooth , remotes and devices when you would expect to see the battery icon. When it's there then unplug and it went to as it should be showing a battery (not charging).

hope this helped.

Drew

5 replies

Dec 1, 2015 2:45 AM in response to Shibbymusic

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. It always says it's charging - even when it is clearly not. However, it also does not show how much battery life is left. Hence, I have had occasions where it got out of battery power and had to control the apple tv with the remote plugged in -- which is obviously uncomfortable with the short length of cable.

Did you manage to resolve this?

Jan 17, 2016 6:00 AM in response to Shibbymusic

Thanks - this did the trick for me.

There seem to be two requirements to get the charging status to update reliably when you have finished charging and want to disconnect -

1) Ensure you are on the Bluetooth - Remotes and Devices screen with the battery icon on Apple TV

2) Make sure your charger is powered ON when unplugging the lightning connector from the remote

I've found that if the charger is powered off before I disconnect (which is something I usually do thinking its safer), the icon doesn't always update.

Siri Remote always charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.