Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Trackpad 2 in bootcamp

I've been wanting to buy the new Magic Trackpad 2 for quite some time now, but i primarily use windows on my Macs. Has anyone tried hooking it up with windows yet and if so how does it work?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), Windows 10

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 9:07 AM

I am running Windows 10 on my late 2009 iMac and just bought the Apple Magic Trackpad 2. While it works perfectly in OSX, it has minimal functionality in Bootcamp (Windows 10). It moves and left clicks only, all other functionality is missing, including the ability to right click. I suspect there is a driver to resolve this issue, however I am yet to find it, and I do have Bootcamp 6.0 installed, and have performed a repair with no resolution to the issue. I also downloaded and tried the third party solution Trackpad ++ to try and add the missing functionality, however that solution errors out and states that the hardware is yet to be supported. I will continue to look, but unfortunately, there is little published on the internet thus far about the Magic Trackpad 2 and Bootcamp/Windows 10 drivers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Hyperpandaa

I am running Windows 10 on my late 2009 iMac and just bought the Apple Magic Trackpad 2. While it works perfectly in OSX, it has minimal functionality in Bootcamp (Windows 10). It moves and left clicks only, all other functionality is missing, including the ability to right click. I suspect there is a driver to resolve this issue, however I am yet to find it, and I do have Bootcamp 6.0 installed, and have performed a repair with no resolution to the issue. I also downloaded and tried the third party solution Trackpad ++ to try and add the missing functionality, however that solution errors out and states that the hardware is yet to be supported. I will continue to look, but unfortunately, there is little published on the internet thus far about the Magic Trackpad 2 and Bootcamp/Windows 10 drivers.

Jan 30, 2016 1:26 AM in response to Hyperpandaa

Hit there,

Just bought the Magic Trackpad 2 yesterday and tried it out on a MacBook Prop (El Capitan). Works pretty great and is very welcome so I can use my left hand too. Too much right-handed mouse movements (as a Software Developer) gives too much repetitive strain (RSI).

Now I'm using it on WIn10 this morning (running under Bootcamp). It works out of the box. I don't know if all functionality works the same as with the MacBook. But the first impression is that it serves basic functionality. Also right-click (lower right corner or tap with two fingers). So not too bad in my opinion.

Oct 2, 2016 8:49 AM in response to Hyperpandaa

I was having the same issue where the Magic Trackpad 2 was connected and working but the right click didn't work along with the mouse tracking speed was way to fast.

I was reading this post on how to fix it when Apple Software Update popped up offering the driver. I installed it and bam the right click now works! Only thing that ***** is that where before the mouse tracking speed was too fast ... now its too slow and under Boot Camp Options where you can customize right click, tap to click etc ... does not have a spot to increase or decrease tracking speed 😟 ... oh well .. id take the ability to right click any day over slower scrolling speed.

User uploaded file

Magic Trackpad 2 in bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.