Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Format across devices/operating systems?

Hi,

A bit of background in terms of my question. I create Life Story Books for children who have been adopted or who are in long term foster care, for my local council. I currently create these on Microsoft Word and are then printed and placed into a folder, loose leaf, style for adopters to use as they so wish.

As part of cost cutting measures, we've been encourage to seek and explore different methods (across the whole department) in an effort to save money. My initial thoughts were to make an exclusively electronic copy of the Life Story Book. The caveat to this is, it has to be accessible on numerous different devices and not just limited to Apple products. So, it will have to work on Android and Windows for it to be a viable option.

My question is therefore, is iBooks author able to produce a format of ebook that is able to be accessed on not only Apple products, but also on Android devices and also Windows Desktops?

The books won't contain anything interactive, they are purely made up of text, artwork, photos.

Any help appreciated with this.

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 3:35 AM

1 reply

Format across devices/operating systems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.