Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have FCP 7.0.3 and I want to add a quicktime file, quicktime says it is 29.74 fps but when I put it in FCP it says it's 10 fps. If I put it in to a timeline the video is in slow motion. But the quicktime plays OK. How do I fix it?

I have FCP 7.0.3 and I want to add a quicktime file, quicktime says it is 29.74 fps but when I put it in FCP it says it's 10 fps. If I put it in to a timeline the video is in slow motion. But the quicktime plays OK. How do I fix it?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 3:47 PM

Where did this file come from? Guessing a screen capture, as that's the issue I had when using SnapZPro to capture my screen. captured at 29.97, saved as that, but seen by FCP as 10fps.

Use CINEMA TOOLS to CONFORM it to 29.97. that basically adds solid metadata that FCP can read properly.

5 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.