Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Third Party Keyboard Permissions

Hello,

I am hoping someone can answer this for me. When allowing third party keyboards "Full Access" in iOS 8 or higher, it gives the app developer permission to transmit your key strokes (what you type). My question is, if I have a keyboard installed with "Full Access" granted, is it tracking what is being typed on my other keyboards? Or only when I type with the third party keyboard?

In other words... I want to use the GIF keyboard from the app store, but if I type sensitive information using the stock keyboard, with the third party keyboard already installed and permissions granted, is GIF keyboard seeing everything I type?

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 7:31 AM

2 replies

Apr 29, 2016 2:43 PM in response to tgreer90

The keyboard will only be able to capture data that is entered directly into the third party keyboard. I.e for data you enter into the apple keyboard (like credit card info), Apple will not share that with the other third party keyboard that you happen to have installed on the device.

You always have the option to uncheck "allow full access ", though this tends to limit the functionality the keyboard app provides.

iOS Third Party Keyboard Permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.