Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

heads cropped off imovie on iphone5s, how do i change this?

I have tried to make a movie for a uni project, when I put the video in that I wanted to use, the heads were cropped off. How do I edit this so that more of the video can be seen? Thank you! x

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 8:32 AM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2015 12:54 PM in response to 06pawcha

iMovie on iOS doesn't fully support video shot in portrait orientation (vertical). As such, you can only zoom and position the clip so that the most important part is visible. To do this, tap on the clip in the timeline. You will then see a magnifying glass icon with a + in the lower right of your clip, in the viewer. Tap this and drag the clip until the desired portion is visible. You can also use pinch to zoom if you want to frame the shot or fill the screen area. It's tricky with moving subjects, and while more advanced software would let you track the movements, on iOS you would have to split the clip and make multiple crop adjustments to achieve this.

Hope that helps.😉

heads cropped off imovie on iphone5s, how do i change this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.