Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of the white box behind wdgt animation in ibooks?

I have inserted an animated wdgt file into ibooks author and it works fine but has a white background behind it. How do I get rid of the white box?

Thank you.

Kathy Gaddis

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8, 64 bit

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 7:41 AM

7 replies

Nov 13, 2015 12:01 PM in response to kgaddis

sorry but not familiar enough with that program but it and the rest of my adobe products which have gathered dust on my computer the last good part of a decade (except photoshop and illustrator) have moved up the totem pole for me to play around with soon.

but i did google edge animate transparent backgrounds and came up with a number of hits, including you tube videos. it seems like it ought to be a built in feature to create a transparent animation but at least i think they might be useful to look at in case you haven't.

i've had this issue in my book development with off the shelf gifs, but the solution is easier as there is usually a white, black and transparent versions of these. or i have found a graphic i would like to use. i just choose the vector version if one exists and eliminate the background. in case there is no vector and it only exists as a jpg, one technique i use is to place the graphic in a picture frame (inspector, grraphic, stroke, picture frame). when it works visually it looks fine in my opinion. don't have enough knowledge as to whether you could use a similar trick.

hope one of these ideas works for you.

Nov 13, 2015 2:05 PM in response to kgaddis

similar but not quite. it looks a little more like it is standing out. it is easy for you to try it. find it in the inspector, graphics. there are a whole bunch of picture frame styles. whether you can contain the animation within the frame (i assume you can) and whether it looks visually ok will depend on you. it looks like a framed picture on a wall in a room, at least a little bit. it works great for me when i have a jpg graphic that has a rectangular border and just ends too abruptly for me.

it will not work for you if you want the animation to float on your given background, rather than standing out. floating is much better in my opinion but i told you what i do as a workaround and in my case, it works ok the few times i need it.

Nov 13, 2015 2:12 PM in response to kgaddis

i've heard that as a solution in another recent post. if you strive for the best, that one second is going to make you a sad camper. there was a post a few months ago where a slight adjustment in the size of the container of the movie eliminated some extraneous lines. there was a recommendation to make to size some specific multiple of some number to get rid of it. doubt that will help but you might try to read it and see if it is applicable to you.

How do I get rid of the white box behind wdgt animation in ibooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.