Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it ok to charge my watch with 40% battery left?

I wear my watch all day and half the night. When I go to bed it still has 40% battery left.

Is it ok to charge it then or wait until it gets below 5%?

Apple Watch, iOS 2.x

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 1:44 PM

To expand: Apple Watch uses a lithium-ion battery. There is no need to let Apple lithium-ion batteries discharge to any particular level before recharging them. They work on complete charging cycles, which are counted on a cumulative basis.

For example: if you fully recharge your battery after it has discharged to 50% on each of two consecutive days, it will have used one complete charging cycle in total.

The Apple Watch battery is designed to retain up to 80% its original capacity after 1,000 complete charge cycles.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2015 1:44 PM in response to vobermuller

To expand: Apple Watch uses a lithium-ion battery. There is no need to let Apple lithium-ion batteries discharge to any particular level before recharging them. They work on complete charging cycles, which are counted on a cumulative basis.

For example: if you fully recharge your battery after it has discharged to 50% on each of two consecutive days, it will have used one complete charging cycle in total.

The Apple Watch battery is designed to retain up to 80% its original capacity after 1,000 complete charge cycles.

Is it ok to charge my watch with 40% battery left?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.