Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch wont turn on - No home button

Hello All!

I have a had many problems with my ipod touch within the last year. The battery seems to drain, it will just turn off by itself and I had to go into recovery mode(when my home button worked), freezes while typing, the home button stopped working so I decided to factory restore my ipod as NEW. I did this about a week ago and my Home Button just stopped working out of the blue about a week ago also so I've been using active touch. Last night I was using my ipod touch as normal,set it down, went to pick it up to resume my usage and it wouldn't respond/turn on. Since my home button doesn't work, I can not able to perform the recovery mode option as I did before when this would happen. I try to plug my ipod into itunes but it doesn't react to it, multiple chargers don't react to it either. I'm about in tears& ready to rip my hair out. I left it "Charging" all night hoping it would turn on in the morning but it did not. I don't know if I can "drain the battery" if it's not responding at all so how doe the battery have anything to do with this?

Does anybody know what I can do to get the ipod touch back on & working? It has never been jailbroken & I do not want to install a jailbroken program to fix it. Maybe I can get the home button fixed and get it back working..?

Thank for you taking the time to read this.

iPod touch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 11:58 AM

5 replies

Nov 17, 2015 9:43 AM in response to double_blue

TO ANYONE WHO COMES ACROSS THIS POST THIS WAS MY SOLUTION

2 days after it wouldn't turn on w/o a working home button I tried to power on and it showed the iPod was dead and needed to be charged!! Just wait till it dies! Don't waste your money or time trying to take the iPod apart! Don't leave it in your charger(unless that worked for others) just leave it by itself for at least 2 days!

Hope this can help some others!! 🙂

ipod touch wont turn on - No home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.