Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP7 Lower 3rd Crash problem

I'm having a problem while I'm attempting to edit the Text of a Lower 3rd. Every time I click either of the text boxes in the controls tab the program crashes. It only occurs if I attempt to edit the text after I have placed it in the timeline. I have never seen this before and I've easily made this same exact edit a thousand times before now. Has anyone else ever experienced anything similar?

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 12:09 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2015 12:38 PM in response to Virginia4L

When Final Cut Pro begins to act in an unexpected way, the usual first procedure is to trash your FCP Preferences, which can corrupt over time.

You can either do this manually, or use Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager (free) to do the heavy lifting for you:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

which will also allow you to store a copy of your existing preferences, before removing them should you want to revert.

You will need to reset your preferences after doing so to reconfigure FCP to the way you want to work.

MtD

FCP7 Lower 3rd Crash problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.