Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change logon window screensaver to a Mac OS slide show?

Hey, all!

I'm trying to change the Mac user logon screen's screensaver to be the Snapshots slide show that's in the System Pref > Desktop & Screen Saver settings. As seen here:

User uploaded file

I've found this support doc on the Apple Support pages, but it only states how to add actual screen savers (listed below the Slideshows section seen above), and not Slideshows. I navigated to the location mention in the support doc, but the files there only reflect the Screen Savers, not the Slideshows. ...I also found the Slideshows folder, but they are a collection of files, from what I can see, and not a single file per slide show. The help doc states that Slideshows can be used, but I can't find anywhere that states what the correct Terminal commands should be.

Here's what the Snapshots folder looks like that I found:

User uploaded file

It's located here:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Slideshows.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Cont ent/Styles/Snapshots.mrbStyle/Contents

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

-=R=-

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 7:29 PM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2015 7:16 AM in response to SquireCast

Howdy -=R=-,

I understand that you're trying to set an alternative screen saver to activate while your Mac is displaying the login window (as opposed to while logged into an account). Fortunately we've an article (linked below) that details multiple methods for setting which screen saver the login window will display, as well as which screen savers can be used in this regard.

OS X: Configuring a screen saver to display at the login window
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202223

Regards!

Change logon window screensaver to a Mac OS slide show?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.