Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with netflix on Apple TV 4

I just bought a new Apple TV 4 to replace the previous version I owned for a year. The thing is, from time to time I can't even connect to my Netflix profile page (a problem I never had before).The loading starts (red circle in the middle of black screen, with the name Netflix in the bottom right corner), but freezes until it sends me back to the apple TV menu. My only solution is to completely disconnect internet and to relaunch. Then it works for a couple of days, until doesn't. Same problem always comes back. I plugged my Apple TV 3 back: no problem.

Anyon else had that problem ? And a solution ?

Thanks.

iMac, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 4:44 PM

55 replies

Nov 22, 2015 5:14 PM in response to Kikrok

I have this exact same problem and the only thing that worked for me in the past was to delete the Netflix app and reinstall it. It happened again tonight and I'm really frustrated. You'd think a major bug like this wouldn't still be a problem on a brand new 4th Gen Apple TV system, but it looks like Apple and Netflix still aren't playing well together.

Nov 26, 2015 10:06 AM in response to Kikrok

I'm also having problems with the Apple TV 4 and Netflix. Whenever I exit the Netflix app and go to another app such as Youtube, etc., and then return to Netflix, it often brings me back to the "Who's Watching" window. When I click on our account name, the red circle begins to spin and then freezes up. The only way I can get back into Netflix is to exit it altogether by pressing the "Home" button on the Apple TV 4 remote, and then clicking on the Netflix app again until it brings me to the "Who's Watching" window again. At this point, the only way I can access Netflix is to enter the "Kid" menu from which I then need to "Sign Out" and then re-sign back in order to access the Netflix menu. Very frustrating! I called Netflix and they of course said they weren't aware of the problem, and if there was an issue, it would need to be taken up with Apple. All that said, there is definitely a compatibility problem with the Apple TV 4 platform and Netflix.

Nov 26, 2015 12:23 PM in response to neomyth

As many apps as are functioning correctly on the new Apple TV 4 I think this has to be a Netflix compatibility issue. I was having problems with the Netflix app the whole time on my previous Apple TV as well. the same two recurring issues seem to be trying to access a specific account on the app's launch and then randomly during an episode or movie streaming it will say that Netflix can't be reached and i have to stop and start the episode again.

Dec 5, 2015 11:20 AM in response to Jerry Breitler

I tried reinstalling Netflix a couple of times, but continue to have intermittent timing out issues. Whenever I leave Netflix and go to another app, when returning to Netflix, it sometimes forces me to identify the 'User' which when I do, it proceeds to a spinning red circle that inevitably freezes up. The only way I can get back into Netflix is to repeatedly try and get to the 'Kids' section which allows me to 'Sign Out' and then I have to 'Sign In' again. Incredibly frustrating.

This is an obvious problem, and I can't understand why it isn't being addressed. Should just be a software bug.

Problem with netflix on Apple TV 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.