Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to watch a movie that I bought I can hear background music and characters speaking but my screen goes black

When I try to watch a movie that I bought I can hear background music and characters speaking but my screen goes black

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 4:51 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2015 12:30 PM in response to lrsalino

Hi lrsalino,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

If you're not seeing video on your MacBook Air or Cinema Display when watching a movie from the iTunes Store, I recommend the troubleshooting steps found in Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac.

This article covers a wide range of troubleshooting to help solve the behavior you're seeing.

If those steps don't solve it, you may also want to Report a problem with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store.

Cheers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.