Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Create Keyboard Not Supported by iPad Pro

Received my Logitech Create Keyboard along with my iPad Pro yesterday and all was fine, played around with it for few hours to get it setup and everything was okay. Turned the iPad on this morning and keep getting the message "This accessory is not supported by this iPad".

I've detached the iPad from the keyboard numerous times, rebooted the iPad and still the problem persists. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.6GHz, 8GB Ram, 512GB, 1GB NVIDIA

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 4:06 AM

17 replies

Nov 14, 2015 9:32 AM in response to pete134

I spoke with Apple Support in the end and did a reset of all settings by going into Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. After that was done the error appeared a couple of times after connecting the keyboard then disappeared and now it seems to be working fine. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and see if I have any more trouble with it.

Nov 14, 2015 1:01 PM in response to pete134

I spoke too soon. Just picked it up to do some stuff on it and now getting the error again, keeps popping up every 2 seconds which is annoying 😟 Turned the iPad off for now, can't be bothered messing around with it this evening. I'll attempt it again in the morning and if it still doesn't work then I think my best bet is to try and contact Logitech support.

Nov 15, 2015 3:35 AM in response to pete134

Update = went' to the Apple store. They ran diagnostics and then tried a different create keyboard, which worked perfectly. So they replaced the keyboard. I'll be keeping an eye on it over the next couple of days in case the same thing happens again, but at least for now it appears to be a problem with the keyboard, not the iPad.

Nov 20, 2015 6:14 AM in response to Arthur500

Mine seems OK with that but I have a problem with shortcuts after an hour or two -things like Shift-Command-H and Command-Tab stop working and I have to physically disconnect the keyboard from the iPad Pro to get them working again. But...this is exactly the same as Apple's own Smart Keyboard, suggesting a software or iPad Pro problem. The iOS9.2 beta 4 doesn't cure it either.

Dec 4, 2015 3:37 AM in response to DrDavidE

The best thing to do is to swap it for a new one. I contacted Apple Support and we tried everything with the iPad Pro and couldn't find a software reason for the error message, in the end I sent my keyboard back and swapped for a new one. I've also contacted Logitech Support and after several emails to them they haven't bothered to respond to the issue.

Logitech Create Keyboard Not Supported by iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.