Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prints look wet when framed behind glass?

Why do my photo prints from Apple look wet in places when they are framed behind glass? The problem seems to be an interaction of the glossy paper and pressure of being behind glass. Does anyone have a remedy? Phone support has not heard of this.

iMovie '08, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 8:55 AM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2015 10:25 AM in response to Wish I Knew What I Was Doing

Go the glossy prints from Apple feel tacky at all on the surface?

Do glossy prints from other sources look the same when placed in that same frame?

Does only part of the print contact the glass? Try putting a piece of cardboard behind the print so the entire print is making contact. Does it look any better then, at least more uniform?

User uploaded file

Nov 14, 2015 11:08 AM in response to Old Toad

I would not say the prints feel tacky, they are smoothly glossy. I don't have glossy prints from another source than Apple to test that theory.

With the print behind the glass and the whole backing on the frame, only in places do you see this weird artifact. However, if I press on the photo anywhere, whilst in the frame, this artifact is present.

My theory is that this is an (unacceptable) response to glossy paper under glass with pressure applied - even only the pressure of the backing of the frame. I have figured out a remedy, though it's not quite as nice as just having the photo under glass. I cannot believe I am the only person with this problem.

Thanks, OT, for your thoughts.

Nov 14, 2015 11:15 AM in response to Wish I Knew What I Was Doing

Have you tried cleaning the glass on the inside with something like eyeglasses cleaner (mostly alcohol) to see if there's anything on the glass that would make it that way?

A workaround is to get a matt for the frame which would keep the print away from the glass. The downside to that is you would need a bigger frame so the matt's cutout would be the size of the print with a border.

Prints look wet when framed behind glass?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.