Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV4 Siri remote case

Does anyone know of any silicone cases for the new ATV4 Siri remote? I have only found a ridiculously priced ($20) from Griffin which isn't even out yet. Cannot find anything on Ebay which is odd. Being that the Siri remote has glass it seems a perfect item to have a silicone case for.

Apple TV (4th generation), iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 6:58 AM

10 replies

Nov 14, 2015 7:21 AM in response to robocub1

The Siri remote is brand new. The market for TV addons is much smaller than cellphones. While I do expect more to be released the only one announced is the Griffin one you mention. But give the manufacturers time. Or maybe that's a million dollar idea for you to create your own case for market 😉

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/15/griffin-survivor-play-apple-tv-siri-remote/

Nov 24, 2015 12:32 PM in response to robocub1

$20 for a case is disgusting, but even more disgusting is that neither Apple's warranty nor AppleCare covers the $80 cost of the fragile, glass-covered device when it slips off the sofa and breaks on the floor. I had to go through 2 levels of customer service to finally have their defective, horribly-designed Siri Remote replaced for free. it fell from a height of less than 2 feet.

User uploaded file

Feb 13, 2016 10:55 AM in response to robocub1

UGH!! Seriously... why did Apple make a TV remote with GLASS... I mean, really Apple?? ... ***?!

User uploaded file

Reality check to Apple: We drop remotes! They get stuck in couch cushions, buried in our lap during movies only to drop when we get up. Or, now with the Siri Remote, kids play games and it slips from their hands, etc. etc.

Anyway, I HIGHLY recommended buying a case for this thing. @ $80 replacement it's worth the extra $15 bucks.

Here is one on Amazon for cheap (Apple TV Remote Case):

User uploaded file

Apple TV4 Siri remote case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.