Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a hidden page that is revealed by tapping an icon

I have a copy of the BBC iBook World War I At Home. Within it they have icons that allow you to tap to 'find out more' which takes you to another page that can include slideshows, text and other images to tap and enlarge. These pages are not visible in the contents or thumbnails.

Can anybody tell me how this might have been done?

Many thanks,

Brodes

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 8:14 AM

8 replies

Nov 15, 2015 12:19 PM in response to Brodes57

i could be wrong, but i think every page is viewable from the thumbnails, including the page that contains your interactive keynote. yes, the pages inside the keynote will not be visible, but the page that has the keynote widget is visible. this might be good enough of a hide for you, but any young child could find it in a hide and seek game.

Nov 16, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Brodes57

thanks for vaulting me to the 100 points mark. it was on my bucket list.

i have to think that they did what you said. i haven't given it sufficient thought, but i don't believe you can hide a page in iba. i think that at the least you will see the page containing the keynote widget. i should really think more about this, but rather than that, it came to my mind how you could hide the widget if not the page. include some blank pages either at the end of the book or at the end of the chapter, whatever you determine is better.. many books have blank pages. put the widget on a blank page and leave the first page of the keynote blank. you might very well have to put solid white rectangles around the border of the widget. i set play automatically, but it didn't and i was too much in a rush right now to figure that out. . but you get an icon anyway to advance you to the next page. probably better than play automatically. you will need to link to this page from the icon and provide a link back. with a little experimentation you can get this to work.

i'm not sure why you would want to hide it and what value hiding it gives to you. the inquisitive reader should be able to find it with a little thought. on the other hand, maybe it is just an esthetics thing for you.

Nov 16, 2015 8:18 AM in response to richard the old

Thanks Richard.

I am going to try something later this week to see how it works. I will let you know. It is an aesthetic thing. I create enhanced ebook travel guides and I like the ability to have something visible (like directions and other images and maps) accessed of the main page covering the subject but not necessarily cluttering the flow.

So pleased you got to 100.

Create a hidden page that is revealed by tapping an icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.