Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting from FCE to Quicktime Conversion to iDVD

I am having trouble with several sequences that I created and am trying to get into iDVD. I exported from FCE with QT conversion, saving as a QT movie and changing the video settings to HDV 1080i60 and the keyframes to automatic. The in QT, I played the sequence and all was fine. I then exported from QT to a QTmovie and inserted the file into iDVD. The first 2 times I did this, everything was fine. The third time, I got grey bars on either side of my footage. I must have changed a setting in QT, but I have no idea what I changed to change it back. can anyone help me get rid of these grey bars that only appear on the export from QT to iDVD???

PowerMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.8), FCE 3.5.1/Quicktime 7.1.3/iDVD 6.0.3

Posted on Nov 14, 2006 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2006 5:30 PM

Try exporting by not using Quicktime conversion. I ran into similar problems, and stopped using the conversion settings, and let FCE export the QT file based on the settings I had set up for the sequence. It exported faster, too.
1 reply

Exporting from FCE to Quicktime Conversion to iDVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.