Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ms office new inking tools and ipad pro

I have the new Ipad Pro and subscribed to Office 365. It works fine except I do not see the new inking tools. I do not have the Apply Stylus yet but have a Jot that works ok on it for other apps. Does anyone know if the new inking tools only appear when you have the Apple Stylus? If not, how do I get the inking tools to appear?/

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 6:41 PM

From the Microsoft website

Inking

With the new iPad Pro, we’re adding inking to the Office apps and making it easier than ever to create documents and collaborate with others. The new tools include pens, highlighters, an easy-to-use thickness control and a new color wheel. Using Apple Pencil, you can mark up documents just like you would with pencil and paper—making the collaboration process natural and intuitive. And with inking-specific features like shape recognition in PowerPoint, the apps turn the pencil into a first-class content creation tool.

Seeing this would lead me to believe, yes it requires the Apple Pencil

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2015 6:41 PM in response to pbyersr

From the Microsoft website

Inking

With the new iPad Pro, we’re adding inking to the Office apps and making it easier than ever to create documents and collaborate with others. The new tools include pens, highlighters, an easy-to-use thickness control and a new color wheel. Using Apple Pencil, you can mark up documents just like you would with pencil and paper—making the collaboration process natural and intuitive. And with inking-specific features like shape recognition in PowerPoint, the apps turn the pencil into a first-class content creation tool.

Seeing this would lead me to believe, yes it requires the Apple Pencil

ms office new inking tools and ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.