Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing On but Cannot See Library

Okay - I have never yet managed to get home sharing working across our PCs - in my opinion, nothing unusual for any Apple related product 😠

However, we now have a new tablet in the family running Windows 10. I have downloaded iTunes, authorised the tablet and checked the "Share my Library" under Sharing Preferences. All good so far in that the tablet recognises it is on (through the "Library - Turn Off Home Sharing" notification). Same for the netbook that holds our iTunes library, except that this netbook shows the homeshare icon whereas the tablet doesn't.

With this set up, I was foolishly assuming that I would now be able to view music on the tablet from from the library on the netbook, but nothing - no music or playlists showing on the tablet.

I have followed the instructions on the Apple Support pages to the letter, and the only difference appears to be this lack of Home Share Icon.

Yet again, I am beside myself with frustration at Apple for managing to make life as difficult as possible - if anyone has any suggestions of a solution, I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks.

Windows 10, null

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 12:51 PM

There are no replies.

Home Sharing On but Cannot See Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.