Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading to and retrieving files on a Motorola Moto E (2nd gen)

Hello everyone,

Here's hoping someone out there can help.

I have no problem (I think) getting something (I think it's a PDF) over to the Moto E smartphone recently purchased, but I just can't find it on the smart phone, a Motorola Moto E, second generation.

My computer is a Macbook (2008). I do not have an SD memory card.

I downloaded Android File Transfer on to my Macbook and transferred two things to the phone: one photograph and a drug book for medical professionals. On my smart phone, I was easily able to locate the photograph. However, I cannot find the drug book for medical professionals. (The drug book was originally transferred onto my Mac via a CD that came with the book.) In the Android file transfer box on my Mac, it was under Android/data. However, I do not have an option called Android/“data” to look for on my smart phone. So, how do I find the drug book on my phone? I know it’s there, because I noticed I lost space after the transfer. I just can’t find it.

I need to be able to pull up this drug book ANYTIME. In other words, it needs to be absolutely independent of the Internet/getting a wifi signal. The book was on my Mac, and not Internet-dependent, so the same should be true for the smart phone.

So really the question is: How do I find the corresponding files listed in Android Tranfer File that I see on my Mac when I use the USB to connect the phone to it, on my phone? And just so you know, those categories in the Android File Transferbox box are: Alarms, Android, DCIM, Download, Movies, Music, Notifications, Pictures, Podcasts, Ringtones.

Thank you.

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 11:57 AM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2015 11:14 AM in response to a brody

Thank you for being the lone replier to my message. It turns out that what I was trying to transfer was a program and therefore not really workable on a smart phone. It must be a PDF or other type document or an app. This is what I learned from an exceptionally helpful employee at Best Buy. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I am a low information smart phone user.

Uploading to and retrieving files on a Motorola Moto E (2nd gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.