Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture • can one still order a Photo Book?

Many thanks in advance for your attention.

Alas, and for some time now, Apple has discontinued supporting Aperture.

😟

It won't keep working forever, but so far it does.

Always made much more inutitive sense and practical sense to me than Lightroom, etc.

However, I seems people are still ordering Photo Books through Aperture. Just checking if this is still possible, despite Aperture being discontinued.

A couple people here recently asked this same question, but it no one has answered.

- r

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Aperture 3.6

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 12:58 PM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2015 9:11 PM in response to moonlightcaravan

I have same concern after spending countless weeks working on a photo album in Aperture for my little girl. Apple customer service sure has gone downhill! I used to be a huge Apple fan. Talked many friends into buying Apple products. Will be holding off doing that anymore. Until I find out if my hundreds of hours of work putting this photo book together has been wasted. Dropping Aperture development & support, dropping One to One, release of OS that's full of issues; all reasons for me to reconsider loyalty to Apple. Apple, where's your stellar customer service?

Nov 14, 2015 11:30 PM in response to moonlightcaravan

This help page is still listing Aperture 3 books as available: Apple Photo Services: Product line details for books, cards, and calendars - Apple Support

Also: http://www.apple.com/shop/help/print_products

Why not try to order your book?

Probably none of our frequent posters here has ordered a book recently, but that does not mean, that it is impossible now. Just try to order your book, and if you have success, let us know, please.

Nov 15, 2015 9:47 AM in response to moonlightcaravan

I have ordered 2 books from Aperture this month from the US. The process is not healthy - but it is 'not dead yet'. My work flow is to 'Preview' the book and then complete the credit card transaction. Each time I place a book order there is an error message in the purchasing window that a connection can not be established. But the book starts to upload (I can tell from the Aperture activity window and the network activity.) When the book completes uploading, I get the confirm e-mail.

But the error message is worrisome - and if I did not check that network activity was ongoing - I would quit the program with disgust and disappointment.

Dec 11, 2015 9:09 AM in response to grizzly marmot

If people are moving away from Aperture photobooks, what other services are you using? I've used Blurb, My Publisher, and Mpix, and I find them all slightly inferior to the Apple books. I may try Adorama next. (What I find most frustrating about these other services is the lack of flexibility in creating the books, arranging the photos on the page, the backgrounds, etc.)

Aperture • can one still order a Photo Book?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.