Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE HELP! ipad air stuck in recovery/DFU mode error 4005

hello,

this is my second ipad air in the past year or so the first on cahrging port died whilst still in warranty apple gave me a brand new one and all was good until.

I recently went to go on to my ipad that I used 10 minutes prior, has a blank screen no icons nothing, i tried charging for a whole day, still nothing. I start to research online what the problems is and follow the instructions to connect to itunes etc.

i connect to itunes and it says my ipad is in recovery mode. fair play lets recover. i start the process and it stops at 'preparing ipad for restore' and sits there for hours.

next day i take ipad in to apple store and they do the same thing, connect it to itunes this time it passes 'preparing to restore' and goes to 'waiting for ipad'. it then fails and an error code comes up , the ''genius' at the apple store was like looks like its hardware, your warranty is void pay us £250 and you can have a new one. I am an student I barely have enough money for food so thats out the window.

I then try to restore it again my self at home on my PC, it contines to the same point at the apple store and i get an error 4005.

ive tried loads of different ways to try and fix this, even tried the smack on the back technique, i dont care about anything thats on the ipad i just want it to work again.

please help me fix this kind people

Tom

iPad Air

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 4:03 PM

There are no replies.

PLEASE HELP! ipad air stuck in recovery/DFU mode error 4005

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.