Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i change my keyboard to a new one

Hi,

I recently purchased a new keyboard, the Logitech K811, which I like much more than the standard Apple keyboard. I am trying to set it up on one of my macs, (I have 2 iMacs next to each other) and when I try to set it up on one it'll setup fine, but then after some typing with it it tries to connect my old Apple keyboard back to the mac that is using the Logitech. It asks me to type in a number that pops up and then press enter.

Both of my iMacs had apple keyboards but one of them had something spilt on it, so now the keys are always getting stuck and are hard to press. so I tried to take the good apple keyboard that still works perfectly and set it up on the iMac that I don't use as much, and setup the Logitech on the iMac I use most (the one I use most has the Apple keyboard that still works fine) but then it always tries to automatically setup the Apple keyboard back to the iMac that I use most (the one that I want to use the Logitech keyboard on)

So how do I do this transfer correctly? I want to basically just switch the keyboards around.

I hope this makes sense. lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 5:13 PM

There are no replies.

how do i change my keyboard to a new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.