You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Move a music file from icloud drive to my music library

How do I move a music file from icloud drive to the music library on my iphone? The file was bought off of Amazon not Apple, does this make a difference?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 8:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2016 1:17 PM

Yeah. Why do i have to use the computer at all to add music to my music library on the iphone ? I have mp3 I can download that I want to add to my iphone music library directly. I have music in my iCloud storage and have the iCloud app on the iPhone but it won't give me the option to add the music to the music library. It's stupid that you have to involve a computer in order to add your own music to the iphone library. Is there really no way to download a mp3 directly to your phone and have it go directly to your iphone music library ??

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2016 1:17 PM in response to nochoice207

Yeah. Why do i have to use the computer at all to add music to my music library on the iphone ? I have mp3 I can download that I want to add to my iphone music library directly. I have music in my iCloud storage and have the iCloud app on the iPhone but it won't give me the option to add the music to the music library. It's stupid that you have to involve a computer in order to add your own music to the iphone library. Is there really no way to download a mp3 directly to your phone and have it go directly to your iphone music library ??

Jun 15, 2017 11:28 PM in response to badbxtch

Why do we have to spend money on music when it should be free.

You know Apple doesn't create the music right?

You know many people's income depends on you purchasing music right?

We already have to pay a fortune foe the phones.

Using the same flawed logic, would you also say... "why do we have to spend so much money on gas when it should be free. We already have to pay a fortune foe the cars."

Nov 16, 2015 9:00 AM in response to nochoice207

Hey nochoice207,

I understand that you have a music file purchased from Amazon that is currently resident on your iCloud Drive. You would like to have it on your iPhone so that you can play it in the Music app there. Is that correct?

In order to make this song available on your iPhone you are going to have to do a few things, because it is not possible to go directly from iCloud Drive directly to Music on your iPhone -

1. Download the file from iCloud Drive onto the computer you are using to sync this iPhone's music with. See iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support. Specifically - How do I access all my files in iCloud Drive?
    1. Using any supported web browser, you can use iCloud Drive at iCloud.com.
    2. On your Mac with OS X Yosemite or El Capitan, you can go to iCloud Drive in Finder.
    3. On your PC with Windows 7 or later and iCloud for Windows, you can go to iCloud Drive in File Explorer.
  2. Import the music file into iTunes on that computer.
  3. Sync the iPhone with iTunes on the computer. See Move content from iTunes on your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing.

How do I Move a music file from icloud drive to my music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.