Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s camera freeze to blur

I had bought the iPhone 6s space grey 64 GB on the launch day here in India.

The reason I bought the 6s was for its camera as I was using 5s before it. Which had superb camera for an 8 megapixel shooter

But there is a weird issue with it. Sometimes when I launch the camera app (it's irrelevant whether I launch it from the lock screen or the home screen/springboard) it will stay freezes on a blurry screen, even when I change the shooting modes. Sometimes the issue is resolved when I kill the app from task switcher and start it again, but mostly I have to force reset the phone by holding the power and one button simultaneously.

I have tried restoring the iPhone as a new phone when iOS 9.1 was launched. But the issue persists.

I tried restoring the backup from iTunes. Again, the problem remains.

This is very frustrating because I really like to take pictures from the 6s camera and this issue just spoiled it for me. 6s costs a lot, for the people from US; it's sold here at $1,089, which makes me even more worried.

Kindly revert me with a solution or at least give some directive about how to approach Apple about the issue.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2015 10:05 PM

I have the exact same issue. It happens more often when opening the camera from the lock screen after it had been sitting for awhile. I have noticed this problem a lot when seeing a shot that I need to grab quickly and pull my phone out of my pocket to take the picture and I'm greeted with a frozen useless camera. The only remedy for the issue is to double tap the home button and swipe the camera out of the task manager and relaunch it and then it works . But if this is what I have to do the iPhone 6s just came from the fastest cameraphone on the market to the slowest.

As well as photography I use my phone constantly for music and extremely disappointed with the fact that my music pauses when I open the camera....and no I'm not talking about video mode I'm talking about still shot mode AND with Live Photos turned off it still causes the music to fade out and pause no matter what player I am using including the stock player. If I swipe up from the bottom to open the control center and hit play on the music again, The music starts playing again but then the camera freezes to a blur . I have had almost every previous generation iPhone and have never witnessed this issue

I am a cellphone repair tech and I have owned a lot of phones. When it comes to camera and audio quality I have always preferred iPhone. As expected the 6s is superb in this area however it seems like the quality of Apple's software is going down hill. IOS 8 made a bad start but within nine months of updates was near perfect. And I hope the same happens with iOS 9

ALL the iPhone 6s's have this issue - I love this phone and this problem need not exist. Apple, PLEASE fix this!

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2015 10:05 PM in response to ameyalive

I have the exact same issue. It happens more often when opening the camera from the lock screen after it had been sitting for awhile. I have noticed this problem a lot when seeing a shot that I need to grab quickly and pull my phone out of my pocket to take the picture and I'm greeted with a frozen useless camera. The only remedy for the issue is to double tap the home button and swipe the camera out of the task manager and relaunch it and then it works . But if this is what I have to do the iPhone 6s just came from the fastest cameraphone on the market to the slowest.

As well as photography I use my phone constantly for music and extremely disappointed with the fact that my music pauses when I open the camera....and no I'm not talking about video mode I'm talking about still shot mode AND with Live Photos turned off it still causes the music to fade out and pause no matter what player I am using including the stock player. If I swipe up from the bottom to open the control center and hit play on the music again, The music starts playing again but then the camera freezes to a blur . I have had almost every previous generation iPhone and have never witnessed this issue

I am a cellphone repair tech and I have owned a lot of phones. When it comes to camera and audio quality I have always preferred iPhone. As expected the 6s is superb in this area however it seems like the quality of Apple's software is going down hill. IOS 8 made a bad start but within nine months of updates was near perfect. And I hope the same happens with iOS 9

ALL the iPhone 6s's have this issue - I love this phone and this problem need not exist. Apple, PLEASE fix this!

Nov 26, 2015 1:20 AM in response to ameyalive

Hi,

I'm having the same issues with the iPhone 6s, Model A1688.

Most of the time it happens when I open the camera app from the lock screen.

The camera freezes and after about 3-5 seconds it comes back to life. Sometimes it's not reacting anymore, so i have to restart the app.

Since Apple earns a lot of money with those devices, I kindly ask for an update asap to fix that.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 26, 2015 7:41 AM in response to ameyalive

Hi all

Exactly same issue here, regardless of opening the camera from lock screen or home page it happens most of the time that the the screen is either blur or dark and the camera is freeze for 3-4 seconds.

I went and saw a technician at Genius bar for two times already. The first time they believed there is a problem in connection with camera so that they change the phone for me and they gave me a new phone. Believe it or not the new one has exactly the same problem. It is driving me crazy as whenever I want to capture a shot quickly the camera's not responding for at least 3-4 seconds.

The second time I visited them, they told me it is a software issue and so they recommend to reset the phone from the scratch and set it up as a new phone (Not restoring from icloud) which I did so. However ever since I started the phone and downloading some apps it again is reacting as before.

I really do not know what to do in this stage; I bought a phone for less than 2 months and everyday I am having problem with that. I really hope apple would respond somehow.

Cheers

Feb 27, 2016 4:12 PM in response to ameyalive

I have exactly the same problem. My wife and I have both iPhone 6s 64 GB and experiencing the same problem. I talked to Apple support and they told me that this is a normal behavior (camera 6s to load) and it depends what you have on your phone. Personally, I would expect the camera to load is less than a second. They also took me an appointment to check my phone. I will let you know what happens next.

Apr 1, 2016 12:53 AM in response to ameyalive

I have the same problem here, 6S Silver 64GB ! Been using and tolerate it since 20 October 2015 (First bought)

How can i fix it? i tried, all the method mention like reboot, set up as new, bla bla bla. SAME..

Now having new issues like safari can't open any link after update to latest ios!

Apple support team, please Help!! Fix this issues ASAP...or Replace a new phone for me! lol

TQVM!

Aug 25, 2016 3:50 PM in response to ameyalive

I have the same problem as the OP. It's really annoying and ticks me off after what I spent for this phone. I can't believe it's been since November 2015 and Apple still hasn't come up with a solution.

I've been checking online for a solution but nothing seems to work. And the trouble of trading in your phone just to have to go through all the steps of restoring it just to find out the problems continues is ridiculous.

Does anyone think it may have something to do with the GPS activating upon initial startup of the camera app? It only seems to occur after prolonged non-usage of the camera. Like a few hours. But once it gets past its freeze it seems fine no matter how many times you open and close the app.

Really hope Apple addresses this in there next update.

Nov 15, 2016 1:24 PM in response to vinodkrish14

Grrrr 😕

Interesting enough that the above mentioned problem NOW appears after I updated to 10.1.1 - I didn't had this before - and I really do use the camera very often.

I found this to be fixed when I change from still image mode to video and back - then taking pictures is working again. However, this is annoying when you want to take an instant snapshot.

Any suggestions?!

Nov 28, 2016 7:08 AM in response to fr@ggle

I've now just developed this problem. I'm pretty disappointed as I take really good care of my phone. Your suggestion to flick to video and back works, even though force-quitting the app and restarting doesn't work. This only started for me around 10.1.x somewhere. (Also my battery is feeling a bit weaker and home button gone squishy 😢 )

iPhone 6s camera freeze to blur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.