Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 with 30 pin to HMDI connector problem

I have an iPad 2 with a genuine Apple 30 pin to HDMI connector. Until recently, this worked flawlessly and everything on the iPad screen was mirrored on my TV. However, recently it has behaved anomously. Sometimes the TV screen mirrors the iPad but mostly it shows nothing. When trying to play a video, the iPad screen goes blank apart from a small box that says "Airplay - the video is being played on Apple TV". i do not have an Apple TV and I do not think that my iPad has Airplay. The operating system of my iPad is 9.1. i have tried using different HDMI cables but to no avail. I suspect that these problems have occurred after one of the recent IOS updates but I cannot be sure. Any advice on how to resolve this problem would be welcomed.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 15, 2015 4:47 AM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2015 10:48 AM in response to Briansyddall

This is almost ceratinky not a DRM issue - nothing I have is DRM protected and, in any case, this worked perfectly until recently. The description from Apple about the 30 pin to HDMI connector is: "Use the Apple Digital AV Adaptor to mirror whatever’s on your iPad or iPhone 4S screen — apps, presentations, websites and more — on your HDTV or HDMI-compatible display in up to 1080p HD (films play at up to 720p). Watch slideshows and films on the big screen in up to 720p by connecting your iPad, iPhone 4 or iPod touch (4th generation) to an HDTV or HDMI-compatible display. The Apple Digital AV Adaptor routes digital audio to screens that support it. Connect the Apple Digital AV Adaptor to your iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S or iPod touch (4th generation) via the 30-pin dock connector, and to your HDMI-compatible display using an HDMI cable (sold separately). A second 30-pin connector built into the AV adaptor lets you charge and sync your device while it’s connected to your HDMI-compatible display." . When the connector was working, everything on the iPad screen was shown on my TV screen - exactly as stated in the Apple details above.

iPad 2 with 30 pin to HMDI connector problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.