Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download iTunes. All I get is an update with MP4. I need the whole iTunes application. Where is it? How does one download it.

I had to uninstall iTunes because it stopped recognizing my iPod Touch 4. I have the latest in all updates. Now I can't reinstall iTunes as the Apple instructions tell me to do. All I get is an update to the iTunes I uninstalled. My dock shows a ? where the icon used to be. There is no place to download all of the application, and nothing showed for installation. Any answers, anyone?

MacBook, iOS 9.1, latest updates installed

Posted on Nov 15, 2015 12:22 PM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2015 1:12 PM in response to Granny007

It would be helpful if you responded to existing posts rather than starting new ones. As indicated by replies to your previous posts iTunes is not intended to be uninstalled from Mac OS X as its built into the operating system. If you managed to delete it from the Application folder and empty your recycle bin then that would explain why there is a question mark on the Dock. If its still in the recycle bin you can restore it from there.

If the Mac App Store indicates there is an iTunes update then try installing it. If iTunes is broken and will no longer run you can try downloading it here and see if it will reinstall. http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Please provide the version of OS X you have installed on the Macbook, the version of iTunes once you get it working again and the version of iOS on your iPod Touch and someone might be able to assist.

Download iTunes. All I get is an update with MP4. I need the whole iTunes application. Where is it? How does one download it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.