Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I have multiple tempo changes within one song? GB for iPhone

Hello all! So I finally picked up an interface and have started the journey of demoing/ pre proing out my own music. It's been going well and all up until I needed to make a tempo change around the middle of the track. I figured first drop the bpm from 155 - 130 then track the instruments. after all the guitars and drums were tracked at 130 for that part I rose it back to 155 but as soon as I did bars of my song started shifting on their own and scrambling up. Its incredibly frustrating when you take a lot of time to track a song for it to go up in smoke :/ is there anyway I can pull off multiple tempo changes in one song? All my songs have "drops" at some point and if I can't have multiple tempo changes on a track than that makes GB for iPhone pretty much useless to me 😟 any insight is very appreciated!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 15, 2015 6:38 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2015 8:31 AM in response to aninfinitebeing

GarageBand for iOS can't do that. One Project - One Tempo.

Import the Project into GarageBand on OSX. There you have a separate Tempo Track.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

How can I have multiple tempo changes within one song? GB for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.