Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 5th generation won't sync

I have a ipod 5th generation model A1320, version number 1.0.2 PC. My computer recently crashed and I lost all of my playlists. Now I have recovered and rebuilt my ITunes music lists. Now when I plug in my ipod it says connected, it says it is syncing for about 20 seconds on the Ipod, then it goes back to "Connected" and does nothing. It actually causes ITunes to freeze and sometimes shows "Not responding" in the task manager on my PC. I know I can't use my Ipod Classic on ITunes anymore because they stopped supporting it. Though I didn't know if they did the same for 5th generation Nano's.

My ITunes is the latest version 12.3.1.23

I am at a loss.

Thanks

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Nov 15, 2015 6:42 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2015 6:45 AM in response to Rojo nana

Hi Rojo nana,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, there's an issue iTunes becoming unresponsive when attempting sync music to your iPod classic. Take a look at the article linked below which provides a lot of great information and troubleshooting tips that can help you isolate and resolve the issue.

Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Take care.

ipod nano 5th generation won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.