Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID has been hacked

My Apple ID has been hacked last night

He changed the email address/account to sth else

What can i do then?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Nov 15, 2015 9:41 PM

22 replies

Dec 6, 2015 4:30 PM in response to maxchian

GOod luck getting your account back I was hacked on 11/28/15 from someone in China and I am the one treated like I committed a crime. I was able to update my account and info and thought it was over but my account has been disabled and no one seems to be able to help me. keep getting that I have to talk to the security team and when I talk to them they seem to say I have to talk to iTunes (which I have twice) and they say they ave to speak to engineering and they don't seem to want to unlocke my account. I have tried every day since I was told on 11/29 that I could start using my account again.

Apr 24, 2016 8:20 PM in response to Irene Dent

I think im having this same problem. it was like 4 am i got emails saying someone used my Apple ID for facetimE. Then changes were made. I went I can still long on with my id and password. But I can't change anything. When I do it goes to the security Questions. first birthday click next then the next questions are in Chinese letters. when I go to forgot question it sends the reset email to an unknown address starting with k•••••@sina.com.

May 8, 2016 6:43 PM in response to Joeyles

Every case is different. What they did to someone else has zero affect on what "they" did to you. Contact Apple Account Security immediately, either call the support number for your country ( or see: Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Here is some general information: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

May 25, 2016 10:03 AM in response to maxchian

My 12 year old sons ID was hacked and all questions were changed and the email is not even an email we have ever owned. Basically Apple acts like this could never happen when it happens all the time from what I read. Luckily no credit cards were connected. Best part is that unless I can furnish a receipt from my phone from 2.5 years ago to show I own it then my son can not even use his phone because we can not change the apple ID without his original password. Its amazing that as of a month ago his password worked and then all of the sudden he kept getting verification notifications as if someone was trying to access his account and then his account was locked out. Apple needs to stand by their products and find ways to help customers who have been hacked, trying to get a receipt from Verizon is a nightmare and I am not purchasing a phone because their system is not as secure as they promise.

May 25, 2016 10:28 AM in response to saschneider

saschneider wrote:

My 12 year old sons ID was hacked and all questions were changed and the email is not even an email we have ever owned. Basically Apple acts like this could never happen when it happens all the time from what I read. Luckily no credit cards were connected. Best part is that unless I can furnish a receipt from my phone from 2.5 years ago to show I own it then my son can not even use his phone because we can not change the apple ID without his original password. Its amazing that as of a month ago his password worked and then all of the sudden he kept getting verification notifications as if someone was trying to access his account and then his account was locked out. Apple needs to stand by their products and find ways to help customers who have been hacked, trying to get a receipt from Verizon is a nightmare and I am not purchasing a phone because their system is not as secure as they promise.

How your account is protected:

Standard Account

You provide an email address as your username, and optionally an alternate rescue email for extra security. Apple requires a password that has at least 8 characters including a number and a capital letter.

You provide your correct date of birth and 3 selected security questions and answers.

--- Should you forget your account password ---

You can visit https://iforgot.apple.com/

After which, you will be asked to provide the email account you setup on the account and either verify your date of birth you provided and your security questions, or send a password reset email to the email on that account. (If your email account has been accessed by someone else, they can follow these same steps to take possession of your account as they are using the same access as you use. The security of your email is yours to own. After they have updated the password, they can then make other changes to the account such as the email tethered to it.)

Two Factor Authentication or Two-step Verification

These are other, more advanced security options offered by Apple that can be setup through https://appleid.apple.com/

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

----

Sum of it is if someone were to learn the security information you use on any account, Apple or otherwise, being the answers to your questions, date of birth, email you use on your accounts...no one is going to be able to stop them from taking over an account that is setup with standard security measures, as they are essentially proving all means of ownership of that account by providing those details once they have learned them. Methods often used for this now are emails, text messages, and false/phishing weblinks designed to appear as though they are legitimate when they are not. They will ask for this type of information or may even be so bold as to ask you to "sign in" with your ID and password as though they are Apple themselves. Many people fall for stuff like this every day, and that is why more advanced security options are making their way into most online accounts. The two-step verification is something the majority of major email providers offer as a means of security.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

http://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/

Apple does not have any means or reason to know your SSN or Drivers License # and have that on file to identify you outside of the account information they ask you for when you sign up for an account, so again, if someone else collects your questions, date of birth, email you use on your accounts, Apple cannot help or "stand by their products" in this matter.

May 25, 2016 10:39 AM in response to saschneider

saschneider wrote:

trying to get a receipt from Verizon is a nightmare and I am not purchasing a phone because their system is not as secure as they promise.

You can walk into any Verizon corporate store, show ID and get them to reprint your purchase ID. If you purchased the phone online, you should be able to log into your account online and reprint it yourself.

May 25, 2016 12:00 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

i went into a store and they could find the purchase but could not pull it up because I am on the west coast and systems can not be accessed from coast to coast (we purchased on gulf coast). The store I bought it from in Louisiana refuses to find it. It's the most insane situation. I also can not access anything other then my most recent purchases which were in February online. Ive taken every step possible.

May 25, 2016 12:12 PM in response to saschneider

saschneider wrote:

MY sons password no longer worked and all info was changed including his questions. I can't verify anything at all.

Yes, after figuring out a few peaces of an account (enough to be verified for ownership) they can change the rest. If they were able to learn the answers to at least 2 of the security questions (there are 3 total upon creation), the email used on the account, date of birth, they can have full access. That information can be acquired through phishing.

It doesn't even have to be an email or text message. Someone could look you up on Facebook and possibly find a few answers they need right there if they know your first and last name. I doubt your 12 year old has an account, but just an example. People have become way too clever in how they learn this information these days, but it's always been through some sort of phishing in my experience.

That's why two-step and two-factor authentication have been introduced as alternatives.

May 25, 2016 12:16 PM in response to saschneider

saschneider wrote:

i went into a store and they could find the purchase but could not pull it up because I am on the west coast and systems can not be accessed from coast to coast (we purchased on gulf coast). The store I bought it from in Louisiana refuses to find it. It's the most insane situation. I also can not access anything other then my most recent purchases which were in February online. Ive taken every step possible.

Call the store in Louisiana and ask to speak to the manager.

My Apple ID has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.