Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the new Apple TV supports DLNA?

I'm considering purchasing Apple TV 4th generation to play videos stored in my NAS (Synology 214play); I have some questions regarding the product's compatibility.

1) I'm using a video streaming app, nPlayer, on my iPhone 6s to enjoy various types of videos stored in my NAS; but not sure i'll be able to use this app on Apple TV too.

2) I don't need to stick with the app above but I wonder if there is any alternative app other than PLEX which supports FTP/WebDAV; I don't know why but PLEX does not play high quality videos properly in my home network.

3) Does the new Apple TV supports DLNA?

4) Is there any other way I can play diverse types of videos including mkv/avi vidoes, 1080p/FHD videos, videos encoded with DTS/AC3 format, smi subtitles, and etc. which stored in my NAS?

I'm asking you since there's not much info on the internet yet, especially here in Korea. So, it'll be great if someone would help me with few questions below.

Thank you in advance 🙂

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1, plus, Synology NAS

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 12:32 AM

1 reply

Does the new Apple TV supports DLNA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.