Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PC to Mac compatibility (PC files to Mac-based servers)

The school (School of Media, Art and Design) in my college (Durham College) is Mac-based (Mac servers, Mac computers, etc.) and even though I am able to access, transfer and open the files from the server, whenever I copy a file to the Mac-based server, it does get copied there successfully.

However, the problem that gets encountered is that the file that I copy to the server was not given special permissions for Mac computers to access it, copy it, etc.

And there are also issues with compatible video files between PC and Mac (MP4, etc.). Even though I can send a compatible video file, the Mac side cannot even open it.

How can I fix this? Is there a solution to this problem I have?

I didn't have much problems with PC to Mac-server compatibility before, but now I'm starting to get some problems (I do have backup solutions in case I cannot use the Mac-based server on my Windows laptop because of potential incompatibility).

Please be reasonable. Do not troll and tell me to get a Macbook because I am too poor to get one and I am very satisfied with my Windows Laptop (a Gaming one mind you).

Message was edited by: JonnySel007

null-OTHER, Windows 10, Toshiba Qosmio X70

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 6:33 AM

There are no replies.

PC to Mac compatibility (PC files to Mac-based servers)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.