Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Plug-Ins/Plug-In Manager.

Hi guys. I've installed some 64 bit compatible plug-ins to my Components and VST folders, for the purpose of using them in Logic Pro X, v. 10.2.0. Now, in Logic, i turn to the Plug-In Manager. The plug-ins i installed don't show, so i press the "Reset & Rescan Selection". Now opens a box called "Audio Unit Validation Result", but the box just stays blank, and nothing really happens from here. I've tried rebooting both computer and Logic several times, which makes no difference. So yeah i'm not really sure where to go from here, in order to get my plug-ins up and running.

Would appreciate some advice, peace.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 12:43 AM

First, repair permissions. That sorts many things out.

If not, try deleting your cache ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache. The next time you launch Logic, it will rescan all the plugins.

If the plug in comes with an uninstaller, use that to uninstall the plug in and then reinstall it.

If that does not work, search for the offending files, and delete them. Make sure you get all of them. The AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and whatever other file format you have for that specific plug in.

Then reinstall them.

I've been having a lot of problems upgrading my plug ins and Logic not recognizing the plug in and the only way o get logic to recognize it was to reinstall after deleting all of the old files.

HTH

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2015 12:43 AM in response to blahsan89

First, repair permissions. That sorts many things out.

If not, try deleting your cache ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache. The next time you launch Logic, it will rescan all the plugins.

If the plug in comes with an uninstaller, use that to uninstall the plug in and then reinstall it.

If that does not work, search for the offending files, and delete them. Make sure you get all of them. The AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and whatever other file format you have for that specific plug in.

Then reinstall them.

I've been having a lot of problems upgrading my plug ins and Logic not recognizing the plug in and the only way o get logic to recognize it was to reinstall after deleting all of the old files.

HTH

Nov 22, 2015 1:59 AM in response to blahsan89

Hi, Logic will only run Audio Unit versions of your plugins.

VST and all other formats such as AAX will be ignored as those format is not compatible with LP.

LP X will only run 64 bit plugins, so any 32 bit AUs won't pass validation.

If you're getting a blank avul tool drop down box I suspect you are trying to validate a non AU plugin.

hope this helps.

regards

Scorpii

Nov 22, 2015 9:56 AM in response to Scorpii

Same problem here.. I was forced to update the Waves Central to 9.6 and also just got Antares Auto Tune 8.1.

Now Logic will not validate Waves and does not even see Auto Tune.

Are the plug version to NEW ? If Scorpii is correct ( above ) is there any solution ? or do we need to wait until Logic fixes or updates to catch up to the plugs ?

I don't seem to have that cache file mentioned above ?

Whats more strange is that all the plugs show up and work with Pro Tools HD 11

Nov 23, 2015 3:03 AM in response to Jerry dixon

Hi, Jerry.

For waves, you also have to update your licence. Waves central will do this, but first you should log into your waves account and select the "Get latest version" from the menu. Click on that and you should get a list of your plugins that can be updated. NOTE. You must have a current waves update plan for this to work!.

Once you've done that you'll see a box saying download and install.

Run waves central and transfer the new licences from your licence cloud either to a flash drive or computer, or where ever you currently store the waves licence info. download and install the latest version of your plugins

Then run logic and it should validate your plugins.

As for auto-tune you must install the AU version of the plugin for LP X to recognise it.

hope this helps.

regards,

Scorpii

Nov 23, 2015 11:42 AM in response to Scorpii

Thanks .. All the plugs are found, authorized and working in Pro Tools HD this tells me it a Logic issue. Just not validating in Logic - I tried to move and delete that

com.apple.audiounits.cache file , after that Logic re scanned all the plugs and it got worse. I then lots all my UAD , Waves and everything that wasn't an Apple plug.

Great call on Auto Tune ( I would have never figured that one out ) I installed the AU version and now it's in the plug manager but crashed validation with the other non apple plugs

Feels like logic may be looking at the wrong AU file or something ?? Any other suggestions ?

Nov 23, 2015 2:56 PM in response to CCTM

No luck - looks like there's no duplicates.

What's odd is that all the plugs are being seen and working inside PT HD.

In the folder you wanted ( Macintosh HD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins ) all the plugs say "Pro Tools Plug-in" under the "kind" tab , none of them say Logic ?

If I try and move this file I lose all my UAD plugs which are working in Logic

Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache

Any other suggestions ?

Nov 23, 2015 6:09 PM in response to Jerry dixon

Hi, Jerry.

Can you reinstall all the non working plugins?

When you run the installer make sure that Audio Units is selected.

From what I'm reading, it seems that you only installed the Pro Tools versions which is AAX not the AU [Audio Units version]

In the Macintosh HD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins folder there should be folders named VST, VST 3, and another called Components. This folder holds the Audio Units versions of your plugins. See if the missing/nonworking ones have a file in there. If not, those plugins are not installed for logic.

One other suggestion. Did you drag these plugins from another folder? You wrote that:

I've installed some 64 bit compatible plug-ins to my Components and VST folders, for the purpose of using them in Logic Pro X, v. 10.2.0.

You can't copy old versions of these files, they may not work. Run the installers. They also need to be the latest versions and 64 bit not 32.

regards,

Scorpii

Problems with Plug-Ins/Plug-In Manager.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.