Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs won't stop downloading to iPhone.

So...I'm sure there has to be something I'm missing, but I'm about to smash my 6+ into oblivion.

I accidentally hit the iTunes Match switch on my iPhone and it started downloading 12,000 songs to my iPhone. So, I uncheck it, right? No good...still trying to download songs...phone getting hot...

So I sign out in the Music app as well. I figure if I'm not signed in and have iTunes Match turned off in settings how will it even know or want to download songs?

I also turned off iTunes Match on my MacBook Air.

Even did a hard restart on the iPhone multiple times...still signed out...Match still turned off...songs still start downloading...***?

Please help!

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2015 7:39 PM

I was having the same problem today and I think I figured it out - it involves iTunes though so if you don't use it then I don't know....

No settings configuration on my phone made a bit of difference. I was going insane!

I opened iTunes on my computer and went to (using the top menu):

"Store/View Account"

After signing in, I scrolled down to "iTunes in the Cloud" and clicked "Manage Devices"

I read the top paragraph which states:

User uploaded file

I removed my device from the list and the problem stopped on my iPhone. Good luck!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2015 7:39 PM in response to MozMan68

I was having the same problem today and I think I figured it out - it involves iTunes though so if you don't use it then I don't know....

No settings configuration on my phone made a bit of difference. I was going insane!

I opened iTunes on my computer and went to (using the top menu):

"Store/View Account"

After signing in, I scrolled down to "iTunes in the Cloud" and clicked "Manage Devices"

I read the top paragraph which states:

User uploaded file

I removed my device from the list and the problem stopped on my iPhone. Good luck!

Songs won't stop downloading to iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.