Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to download iPhoto 9.0 before i can download iPhoto 9.1

I cannot open iPhoto - i get a message that says I need to update my software. When I tried to download the latest version 9.1, I got the message that I need to download iPhoto 9.0 before I can download iPhoto 9.1. How can I find the older version?

MacBook Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 11:23 AM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2015 11:28 AM in response to Jane1956

If you previously bought iPhoto from or associated it with the Mac App Store, log into it with the same Apple ID, click on the Purchases tab, and download it.

If you didn’t and are using Mac OS X 10.9.5 or earlier, buy an iLife 11 DVD from a source such as Amazon or eBay. You may then need to use the iPhoto 9.4.3 updater on Apple’s Support site.

If you didn’t and are using Yosemite or newer, you need to either switch to Photos or contact Apple.

(136270)

Nov 16, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Niel

Thanks. Turns out that wasn't my real problem. I figured out how to check the software version and I have the latest version of iPhoto already. So it looks like I might have a damaged iPhoto database. I am trying to figure out if I can repair it. If I switch to Photos, can I recover my photos from iPhoto somehow?

I need to download iPhoto 9.0 before i can download iPhoto 9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.