Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I want to continue using Logic Pro 8, is 10.8.5 as far as I can go?

I have logic studio (the version with logic pro 8) running on the latest version of Mountain Lion, which runs perfectly. I love Mountain Lion, but have been considering updating since Apple halted security updates in September.

I have gotten very comfortable with the interface and would rather not spend the additional $200+ to upgrade to X at this time.

I have heard that Logic Pro 8 doesn't work properly in Mavericks, but I know that Logic didn't work properly when Lion first was released and later updates fixed the issue. Can't seem to find much on logic pro 8 on 10.10 or 10.11

Can anyone confirm? Is 10.8.5 as far as I can go with Logic Pro 8 or does it run ok on Yosemite and/or El Capitan?

Thanks!

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iTunes 10.7

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 12:11 AM

Whatever you do do not upgrade. I did and now my Logic 8

Pro does not work properly. I am now trying to figure out how to go back to what I had before as I don't have a time machine version.

2 replies

If I want to continue using Logic Pro 8, is 10.8.5 as far as I can go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.