Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4 Video playlist FAIL

Every day I create a video playslist with three or four movies for my invalid mother to watch using home sharing on the Apple TV.

It's been working well with the Apple TV 2 and 3, but the Apple TV 4 quits after the first movie. This has happened every time:(

I've had to reconnect the Apple TV 3, which still works without any problem.

The Apple TV 4 also displays the titles of the alphabetized playlists, differently.

The playlists titled with leading underscores now display at the bottom of the list, instead of at the top, which is where they still are, on iTunes and the older AppleTVs.

I can adjust to the alphabetization change, but the unit shutting down after the first video on a multi-video playlist is a big problem, for me.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), null

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 7:40 PM

This issue has resolved itself. The videos on my playlists are playing continuously and in the correct sequence. I don't know the cause of the problem. It lasted for five or six days. the alphabetization issue remains.

With the AppleTV 4, iTunes playlists titled with leading underscores are at the bottom of the AppleTV playlist listings, instead of at the top, as they were with the AppleTV 2&3.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2015 7:40 PM in response to Pogdaddle

This issue has resolved itself. The videos on my playlists are playing continuously and in the correct sequence. I don't know the cause of the problem. It lasted for five or six days. the alphabetization issue remains.

With the AppleTV 4, iTunes playlists titled with leading underscores are at the bottom of the AppleTV playlist listings, instead of at the top, as they were with the AppleTV 2&3.

Jan 9, 2016 6:11 AM in response to lkrupp

HI

I just got the answer to this from another forum member and my play lists are now displaying..

Assuming it is the new Apple TV:

How do I get Apple TV to show iTunes Video playlists

Settings -> Apps -> Computers -> Show Playlists (All / Music only)

On the old Apple TV I found a thread settings>audio & video>show playlists and toggle this from music only to all - although I have not tried it as i have the new one.

Seems Apple have moved the option but it is still the same.

Hope this helps

Eric

Mar 4, 2016 10:57 AM in response to Eric8255

Thank you SO much! I've been looking everywhere for this. I've had an 3rd gen Apple TV for years now, and always hated that I couldn't view movies by recently added or recently watched. Then last night I thought of video playlists. But then it wouldn't show them. So I found a forum post somewhere that showed how to make it possible on ATV3. But then when I went to my ATV4 this morning, the setting wasn't there! And there's not a lot of people talking about these video playlists out there, but when you have a large local library, these can be REALLY useful! Thanks!

Apple TV 4 Video playlist FAIL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.