Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi goes in and out on new Mac

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro. It often loses connection to the Internet. To remedy the problem I turn the computer's Wi-Fi off and then quickly turn it back on and the connection gets reestablished. This does not appear to be a problem with the wireless in our house. No other devices have the problem. We have an iPad and two other laptop computers and this issue does not affect them.

Any thoughts on what may be causing the Wi-Fi to go in and out and why when I turn it off and back down again it immediately gets reestablished?

Thank you,

Pat

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), Also have an iPad2

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 1:08 PM

7 replies

Nov 17, 2015 4:50 PM in response to pasqualerose2

pasqualerose2 wrote:

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro. It often loses connection to the Internet. To remedy the problem I turn the computer's Wi-Fi off and then quickly turn it back on and the connection gets reestablished. This does not appear to be a problem with the wireless in our house. No other devices have the problem. We have an iPad and two other laptop computers and this issue does not affect them.

Any thoughts on what may be causing the Wi-Fi to go in and out and why when I turn it off and back down again it immediately gets reestablished?

Thank you,

Pat

You can try removing excess preferred networks in the Network section of >System Preferences>Networks>Advanced>WiFi>Preferred Networks

You can Try resetting the SMC http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

Wifi goes in and out on new Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.