Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know if I have a voicemail on my iPhone 6s?

I got my 1st iPhone and I'm not sure how to know if I have a voicemail. I get no notification sound or no red circle with number (badge app). It just shows I have a missed call and the number.

I was told iPhone uses Visual Voicemail by default but then I was told by tech support that Visual Voicmail is a monthly fee based app.

I'm not paying to get a notification and every phone I've had up to this point has given me some indication/notification when I have a voicemail waiting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 2:23 PM

10 replies

Nov 16, 2015 2:50 PM in response to dermeling

Because you don't have visual voicemail set up.

You would need to your voicemail the old fashion way which is to call your voicemail and check to see if you had any message.

Not sure why your company doesn't want to pay that fee for Visual Voicemail, then you wouldn't be having this issue.

You'll be notified when you receive a voicemail.

Nov 16, 2015 4:04 PM in response to razmee209

I'm guessing they don't pay the $2.99/month fee because they have quite a few employees with iPhones as I work for a very large global company.

My wife has Visual Voicemail on her Android phone but she has AT&T whereas I have Verizon and an iPhone and the Visual Voicemail app or feature she uses is free and has caused her to not get some of her voicemails so I'm not a big fan of it anyway.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe that Apple would force you to buy a service in order to get a simple notification.

Nov 16, 2015 4:11 PM in response to dermeling

Sorry Apple isn't forcing to buy a service as they have nothing to do with Visual voicemail you said it yourself your company doesn't want to pay the fee to add that feature to your phone.

Our company has AT&T and have visual voicemail, I believe that comes with our plan as well. We have about 50 users on the plan.

I was under the assumption all cellular phone company offer that in their plan.

How do I know if I have a voicemail on my iPhone 6s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.