Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated request to enter Apple ID Verification password

Hello All,

For the last month or so, I have been getting the message come up on my 5S screen to enter my Apple ID Verification password. This is totally random and could be when I switch the phone on in the morning or when working with it during the day. It does not relate to working with a particular app or even when I down load something. I have the option to "Not now" which I use or type in my password but sure enough it comes back up again at some other random time.

I have reset my phone, reloaded the firmware and reloaded the last back up, but this has not helped.

It is rather frustration as Apple support has not been able to help so far as I have done what they have suggested above to no avail.

Anyone out there seen this before and have an idea on what to do to sort it out ?

The 5S has the latest IOS f/ware loaded.

Thanks.

BSS.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 1:27 PM

Hello All,

Managed to sort this problem out on my own.

I have 3 devices connected to my iTunes/ iCloud account. iPad, this iPhone and an iPod touch. What I had to do was switch on the iPod and iPad and sign into my iCloud account with my password and this has sorted the problem out, so I now no longer get the random request to sign into my iCloud account on my iPhone !!

A simple fix, would have thought that Apple support would know about this and have asked if I had any other devices connected to my iTunes/iCloud account.

Thanks.

BSS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 1:27 PM in response to basil.trek1000

Hello All,

Managed to sort this problem out on my own.

I have 3 devices connected to my iTunes/ iCloud account. iPad, this iPhone and an iPod touch. What I had to do was switch on the iPod and iPad and sign into my iCloud account with my password and this has sorted the problem out, so I now no longer get the random request to sign into my iCloud account on my iPhone !!

A simple fix, would have thought that Apple support would know about this and have asked if I had any other devices connected to my iTunes/iCloud account.

Thanks.

BSS.

Repeated request to enter Apple ID Verification password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.